We have to report on SSB centre, usually one day before the testing starts. Sometimes the screening tests are conducted on the same day of reporting. This is done to avoid the accommodation problem because the number of candidates coming for SSB is increasing day by day.
Reporting time is usually 6-7 am or 2-3 pm. When the reporting time is 6-7 am, screening tests are conducted on same day of reporting and when reporting time is 2-3 pm, screening starts on next day.
On SSB interview, pick up and drop facility is provided to the candidates to and from the reporting railway station and selection centre but only when you report on exact time mentioned in your call up letter. If you get late due to some reason, you have to reach the selection centre by your own.
On reaching at selection centre, document verification is the first thing you will face there.
List of documents you have to bring is given below:
- Original mark sheets and certificates from class 10th to highest qualification obtained.
- Two Photostat copies of mark sheets duly attested by a gazetted officer.
- Proof of identity with photograph such as voter ID /PAN card / Driving License/ Passport / UPSC admit card.
- Bonafide certificate (Final year appearing candidates).
- Risk Certificate (only for NDA and TES entry).
- Railway Ticket/ Bus Tickets (For refund of Travelling Allowances).
1. Travelling Allowances is admissible for to and for journey by the shortest route for AC-III tier Mail/Express Trains.
2. TA is not admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of commission before. Hence one candidate can get TA TWICE in his lifetime.
After the verification, all the candidates are divided into various SSB boards & chest numbers are allotted to all the candidates. Chest number is a vest, having a number on it. This is your only identity during your whole stay at selection centre and you have to carry it with you each and every time you come out of your room for testing or for any other reason. You can go out for city visit in free time left after that day’s testing over. When you go out of selection centre, you have to submit this chest number on selection centre gate.
After chest number allotment, one of the board members brief to the candidates about their stay at Centre, do’s & don’t, the 5 days process and testing schedule. Listen them carefully, because this will clear most of your doubts about interview procedure.
SSB interview is a 5 Days testing process: